Lifeguard Test Requirements
City of Albuquerque lifeguards must successfully complete all four sections of our skill test.
The test comprises:
- 200 yard swim in 4 minutes or less
- Spinal injury management skills:
- Deep water head chin support
- Shallow water head splint technique
- Approach stroke to locate brick, surface dive to retrieve brick, swim 10 yards under water, return to surface, return to start point with both hands on brick.
- Starting from stand, recognize passive victim, safely exit stand, safely enter water, approach victim, perform rear huggie resuce, take victim to wall, victim will lie on deck, rescuer must perform a successful CPR scenario.