The Albuquerque Planning Department provides a full range of services from processing building permits to developing long range, regional plans and policies. The department also houses several quasi-judicial boards and commissions.
For information about the Planning Department, please contact us at [email protected] or call (505) 924-3860.
Comprehensive Plan Update & Unified Development Ordinance
The Planning Department recently kicked off a major public process to update the Comprehensive Plan and create a Unified Development Ordinance.
The City has hired a consultant team, led by Clarion Associates, to improve the regulatory system guiding land use development and transportation planning citywide, including major updates to the Zoning Code and Development Process Manual.
- View more Comprehensive Plan Update information
- Visit Comprehensive Plan Update information on Facebook
Comprehensive Plan Community Workshops
Questions about ABC-Z Project? Contact Mikaela Renz-Whitmore at (505) 924-3932 or [email protected].
Notices from the Planning Department
Stay up-to-date with these exciting projects.
Bikeways & Trails Facility Plan
On Oct. 9, 2014, the Environmental Planning Commission unanimously voted to recommend approval of the Bikeways & Trails Facility Plan to City Council. The Land Use, Planning, and Zoning Subcommittee (LUPZ) voted “do pass” to full City Council.
The second City Council hearing is scheduled for April 20, 2015.
- View more information about the plan.
- View the interactive map, or
Contact Carrie Barkhurst at (505) 924-3879 or [email protected]. (Updated April 9, 2015)
Coors Corridor Plan
West Side Councilors do not intend to sponsor the plan at this time. View more information about the Coors Corridor Plan,or contact: Andrew Webb at (505) 768-3161 with Council Services or Carol Toffaleti (505) 924-3345 with City Planning. (Posted March 31, 2015)
The current edition has been posted. View current newsletter and archived editions. Note: Neighborhood News is no longer mailed.
Requests for Proposals
- De Anza Motor Lodge RFP - posted August 14, 2014, due 1-9-15 (the deadline for submitting proposals has passed and we are no longer accepting proposals)
- 1st Street and Central RFP - posted June 9, 2014, due 12-5-14 (the deadline for submitting proposals has passed and we are no longer accepting proposals)
Applications, Permits & Fees
- Building Safety Checklists, Permit Application Forms, Plan Review, and more
- Impact Fees
- Planning and Development fees
Upcoming Planning Department Events
Join us for a County-wide community workshop to discuss updates to the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Comprehensive Plan (“Comp Plan”).
Join us for a County-wide community workshop to discuss updates to the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Comprehensive Plan (“Comp Plan”) .