Environmental Planning Commission
The EPC is an appointed, nine-member, volunteer citizen board.
- Peter Nicholls, Chair, Council District 4
- Karen Hudson, Vice Chair, Council District 8
- Vacant, District 1
- Moises Gonzalez, Council District 2
- Victor Beserra, Council District 3
- Derek Bohannan, Council District 5
- Maia Mullen, Council District 6
- James Peck, Council District 7
- Bill McCoy III, Council District 9
The Environmental Planning Commission (EPC) reviews and approves amendments to the City’s official Zoning Map in response to zone change requests. It also has the authority to decide on site development plan approval requests for SU-1 zoned and shopping center designated sites. The EPC, in its advisory role to the City Council, reviews and provides recommendations on annexation requests, certain zone change requests, proposed amendments to the Zoning Code and adoption of major amendments to Rank I, II and III Plans - including the Comprehensive Plan, area plans and sector plans.
General Meeting Information
The EPC conducts regularly scheduled hearings on the second Thursday of each month in the Plaza del Sol hearing room at 600 2nd Street NW in downtown Albuquerque. Hearings generally begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude when adjourned by the EPC Chair. The EPC periodically conducts special hearings on the first Thursday of the month, and occasionally schedules meetings at other times. All hearings and meetings are announced in the Albuquerque Journal
- EPC Agendas, Actions & Staff Reports
- 2015 Application & Hearing Schedule
- 2016 Application & Hearing Schedule
Notice: Free 2-hour parking for Plaza del Sol customers is available on the north side of the building at 600 Second Street NW. This parking lot is monitored by Parking Services - vehicles in the lot for more than 2 hours are subject to fines and or/towing.
For questions or more information, contact the Current Planning Section Manager at (505) 924-3814.
View recent and past EPC agendas, staff reports and meeting minutes.