- Mayor Richard J. Berry presents the 2015 Bosque Summer Youth Program.
- The 2015 Open Space Summer Series is here!
- In the Gallery: The Three Sisters, Corns, Beans, and Squash.
- Open Space Visitor Center Gift Shop. Shop and support the Open Space Division and the Open Space Alliance!
- See a variety of art and media from local, national and international artists in the Open Space Visitor Center Gallery.
- Call For Entries for the Upcoming Gallery Exhibit BOSQUE. Deadline: April 27th.
Open Space Lands Information
- City Open Space Space partners with Google to provide virtual tours of Open Space trails.
- View City of Albuquerque Open Space land information.
- MAPS! Download PDF versions of Open Space trail maps.
- Open Space Annual Pass information.
- See information on the Shooting Range State Park.
- Learn about paddle sports and other activities in the .
- Fire Restrictions and Closures on Open Space.
- Teachers, parents and students: learn about the Open Space Alliance's Get into Open Space! Transportation Awards.
- Find out about Trail Watch and Visitor Center volunteer programs and learn how to adopt an Open Space.
- Help out at an Annual Volunteer Event.
Open Space News & Events
Open Space News
- Read Quarterly Open Space Newsletter and Back Issues Online
- Environmental Monitoring Final Report: Click Here
The Open Space Alliance
- Join the Open Space Division's non-profit friends group, the Open Space Alliance.
- Support the Open Space Division and the Open Space Alliance when you shop at the Open Space Visitor Center Gift Shop.
Rules and Regulations
- See a list of general Open Space rules and regulations for Visitors.
- Find out about general Parks and Recreation Department rules and regulations.
- Want to host a special event on Open Space lands? All special events require a permit! Please see our list of Open Space regulations for more information.
About the Open Space Division
Open Space works to acquire and protect the natural character of land designated as major public Open Space in the 1988 revised City of Albuquerque Comprehensive Plan.
These lands, which comprise more than 29,000 acres in and around Albuquerque, are managed to:
- Conserve natural and archaeological resources
- Provide opportunities for outdoor education
- Provide a place for low impact recreation
- Define the edges of the urban environment.
The Open Space Advisory Board
The Open Space Advisory Board consists of citizens that assist the Open Space Division with the implementation of the Division's Mission.
Contact Open Space Division Administrative Offices
Phone: (505) 452-5200 or 311
Email: [email protected]
Open Space Division
Parks and Recreation
P.O. Box 1293
Albuquerque, NM 87103
Administrative Offices Physical Address
3615 Los Picaros SE
Albuquerque, NM 87105
Open Space Visitor Center
6500 Coors NE
Albuquerque, NM 87120
Open Space Events
Discover the food staples known as the Three Sisters: corns, beans and squash.
Mayor Richard J. Berry and the City of Albuquerque’s Parks & Recreation Department, Open Space Division, invite you to a summer of family friendly events during our 2015 Open Space Summer Series.
On Sundays, knowledgeable guides and members of our community lead explorations and offer demonstrations in an assortment of fields and specialties.
Join the City of Albuquerque Open Space Division for this annual day of service. Volunteers will work on over 10 different projects in the Sandia Foothills Open Space trail systems including vegetation restoration, trash removal, and trail maintenance.
Explore the Bosque this summer with a nature kit made by you!
A Plant Identification Workshop and Cooking Demonstration.
The Open Space Visitor Center is teaming up with the New Mexico Book Coop to bring you the best in children’s literature.
Join the City of Albuquerque Open Space Division volunteer team and support the preservation of local natural and cultural resources.
BOSQUE is a multi-media group exhibition that invites people to interpret their relationship with the Albuquerque riverside forest.
PARCH is a group exhibition exploring the nature of Water. Water has a transformational quality, carving the political and physical landscapes of our world.