Planning General FAQs
This page contains answers to our most frequently asked general questions.
What are your hours?
- The Planning Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Our offices are closed on all City recognized national holidays.
Where are your offices located?
- The Planning Department is located in the Plaza del Sol building in downtown. Our address is 600 2nd Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
What does each division at the Planning Department do?
- Each division of the Planning Department is responsible for different activities. For an overview of our divisions and their responsibilities, view our Planning Department Overview handout.
What is the physical size of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County?
- Albuquerque is 188.8 square miles. Bernalillo County is about 1,167 square miles.
How can I find a copy of the covenants on my property?
- If you can determine the subdivision name and filing date from your paperwork (deed, etc.), you can contact the Bernalillo County Clerk's Office to purchase a copy of the covenants. For more information, contact the County Clerk at (505) 468-1290.
How can I find out who owns a particular property in my neighborhood?
- Visit the Bernalillo County Assessor's Office online
- You may also call them at (505) 222-3700 or via email at [email protected]
How much do permits or other applications/fees cost?
- Planning Department fees will vary depending on the type of permit or application. To see a general schedule of Planning Department fees, click here.
Who do I call if I find mold in my house?
- Call the Environmental Health Department's Air Quality Division at (505) 768-2662
How do I obtain a business license/registration?
- For a business license, contact the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Division for the State of New Mexico at (505) 841-6200. For a City Business Registration, visit their web page by clicking here.