Skip to main content

City Real Estate Sales & Services FAQs

Below find the most frequently asked questions in our Real Property Division which handles the City's real estate sales and services.

Where do I pay my property taxes?

Property taxes may be paid at the Bernalillo County Treasurer’s Office. For more information about property taxes, please contact the County at 505-468-7031 or visit the BernCo treasurer website.

How do I find out who owns a property?

Property ownership may be located by contacting the Bernalillo County Assessor’s Office. For more information about property ownership, please contact the County at 505-222-3700 or pull a free address report.

What is surplus property?

Surplus property is land or buildings that the City no longer needs for municipal purposes. 

I need to record/or need copies of a recorded document. What do I do?

Document recording or copies may be taken care of at the Bernalillo County Clerk’s Office. For more information, please contact the County at 505-468-1290 or visit BernCo Clerk website.

How do I buy property from the City of Albuquerque?

For more information about City property that is currently for sale, please contact the Surplus Agent at 505-924-3490.

I want to lease City property or I want the City to lease my property. What should I do?

For more information about leasing, contact the Assistant Property Manager at 505-924-3490.

How do I get a copy of a specific document housed within the Real Property Division?

Requesting a copy of any document housed within the Real Property Division is considered a public records request. You may submit your request, including exact address, necessary date range and description for the type of document online at the City Clerk's Office.