Rules of the Road
- Always wear a helmet.
- Before riding out of a driveway into the street, stop. Look left, then right, and then left again for traffic.
- Ride on the right side of the street, with the flow of traffic.
- Stop at all stop signs and look left, right, and left again for traffic.
- Use reflectors and bicycle lights. They are required for night riding.
- Know the law. Read the Traffic Code pertaining to bicycles.
Children Need Helmets
The Child Helmet Safety Act of 2007 requires helmets for all minors under the age of 18 riding on bicycles, skateboards, scooters, skates, and tricycles.
Get a FREE bike map mailed to you by calling: 505-768-2680
The City of Albuquerque has more than 400 miles of bike paths and trails.
To receive a City of Albuquerque Bike Trail Map, call (505) 768-2680
- View the Interactive Bike Map.
- Download the Comprehensive City Map - Front
- Download the Comprehensive City Map - Back
- View Paseo del Bosque Bike Map
- View Sandia Foothill Trails Maps
Bicycling & Mass Transit
Bike Riding Info
- Open Space Trail Etiquette
- Tingley Bike Rentals
- Esperanza Community Bike Shop
- Trail Guide information.
- Bicycle Safety Classes.
- Youth Bike Safety Rodeo
Documents & Government
Albuquerque promotes healthy and responsible bicycling.
Albuquerque Bike Clubs, Groups & Events
- Bike ABQ
- New Mexico Touring Society
- New Mexico Cycling
- Duke City BMX
- Albuquerque Century
- Cycling Events