Current Planning Section
What We Do
The Current Planning section provides staffing to various land use boards and commissions. These include:
- Environmental Planning Commission (EPC) - The City’s principal development review and planning board. The EPC has authority for review and approval of most zone changes and site development plans, and provides advice to the City Council on annexations and many other planning matters.
- Landmarks and Urban Conservation Commission (LUCC) - The City’s historic preservation board.
- Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBOA) – This board hears appeals of the Zoning Hearing Examiner.
- Zoning Hearing Examiner (ZHE) - The examiner conducts hearings for special exceptions to the zoning code.
Current Planning also maintains a file room (for public use) containing a wide range of development applications, including records and case files of special exceptions, subdivisions, certificates of appropriateness (historic preservation), annexations, zone changes and site development plans.
How We Serve You
The Current Planning section is available to assist you with research involving applications, records and case files. In addition, this section can also answer any questions you may have about the three land use boards/commissions that it supports including inquiries related to agendas, actions and decisions. The Current Planning Section also staffs the Pre-Application Review Team and the Design Review Team to assist you in planning your project and navigating the approval process.
- DRT Approval Application
- DRT Discussion Application
- DRT Informational Sheet
- PRT Discussion Application
- PRT Informational Sheet
For inquiries, please contact the Current Planning Section Manager at (505) 924-3814.