City Real Estate Sales & Services FAQs
Below find the most frequently asked questions in our Real Property Division which handles the City's real estate sales and services.
Where do I pay my property taxes?
- Property taxes may be paid at the Bernalillo County Treasurer’s Office. For more information about property taxes, please contact the County at (505) 468-7031 or go to their website.
How do I find out who owns a property?
- Property ownership may be located by contacting the Bernalillo County Assessor’s Office. For more information about property ownership, please contact the County at (505) 222-3700 or pull a free address report.
What is surplus property?
- Surplus property is land or buildings that the City no longer needs for municipal purposes.
I need to record/or need copies of a recorded document. What do I do?
- Document recording or copies may be taken care of at the Bernalillo County Clerk’s Office. For more information, please contact the County at (505) 468-1290 or go to their website.
How do I buy property from the City of Albuquerque?
- For more information about City property that is currently for sale, please contact the Surplus Agent at (505) 924-3490.
I want to lease City property or I want the City to lease my property. What should I do?
- For more information about leasing, contact the Assistant Property Manager at (505) 924-3490.