Development Review Board
The five members of the DRB are City staff representing the Planning Department, Parks and Recreation Department, City Engineer, Traffic Engineer and Water/Sewer Utilities Engineer.
The chairperson is the City Planner representative. Each member is authorized to sign plats.
- Jack Cloud, Chairman, Planning Department
- Racquel Michel, P.E., Transportation Development, Planning Department
- Rita Harmon, P.E., Hydrology/Alternate City Engineer, Planning Department
- Kristopher Cadena, P.E., Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority
- Carol Dumont , Parks and Recreation Department
The Development Review Board (DRB) was established in March 1982, by Administrative Instruction 8-2. The DRB conducts public hearings on major subdivision actions (where no re-zoning or annexation is required), approves or denies proposed major and minor subdivision actions, vacations of public rights of way or public and private easements, subdivision variances. The Development Review Board is charged with administering the City Subdivision Ordinance as well as other City ordinances and policies applicable to subdivision actions.
The DRB also reviews site development plans delegated by the Environmental Planning Commission (EPC) for final sign off, as well as site development plans required by sector plans and delegated to the DRB.
General Meeting Information
DRB meetings, a portion of which are public hearings, are held each Wednesday beginning at 9 a.m. in the Plaza del Sol Hearing Room at 600 2nd St NW. The public hearing portion of each week’s agenda is announced in the Albuquerque Journal.
- DRB Agendas and Actions
- Major 2015 Calendar Development Review Board cases - Advertised
- Minor 2015 Calendar Development Review Board cases - Unadvertised
- Rules of Procedure for the Development Review Board
Notice: Free 2-hour parking for Plaza del Sol customers is available on the north side of the building at 600 Second Street NW. This parking lot is monitored by Parking Services - vehicles in the lot for more than 2 hours are subject to fines and or/towing.
For questions or more information, contact the DRB Administrative Assistant at (505) 924-3946.
Join us for a meeting of the Development Review Board.