Route 66 Summerfest
Route 66 Summerfest 2015!
Save the date! The City of Albuquerque, Nob Hill Main Street, and the New Mexico Jazz Festival invite you to the annual Route 66 Summerfest spanning one mile of Nob Hill on Saturday, July 18, 2015. Central Avenue will be filled with live music and entertainment, a car show, shopping, kids' activities, food trucks, The Mother Road Market, Cork & Tap- Beer and Wine Garden, and more!
Admission and Transportation
Summerfests are free to the public to attend. Pets are welcome on leashes. This is a rain or shine event.
RIDE YOUR BIKE and take advantage of the free bike valet provided by Esperanza Bike Shop located on Central Ave., West of Carlisle. More information about parking will come soon.
Route 66 Summerfest is bringing 3 different stages, all featuring fun, live music! Each of the stages is located along Route 66 to provide you with non-stop entertainment!
Main Stage Schedule (Central Ave & Girard)
- 2:45-3:30 p.m.- Mystic Vic Blues Band- Up-tempo & deep groove rock 'n' roll
- 3:55- 4:40 p.m.- NuMethods w. Lowell Burton- Albuquerque's premiere R&B/Neosoul/Funk band
- 5:05-5:55 p.m.- Alex Maryol- Original alternative, blues, rock
- 6-6:25 p.m.- Group Wedding
- 6:25-7:15 p.m. hONEyhoUSe- Sassy, sweet, strong eclectic acoustic
- 7:40-8:30 p.m.- Leni Stern African Quartet- Guitarists unique blend with sounds of Africa
- 9-10:30 p.m.- Roomful of Blues- Celebrating 45 years of the finest jump blues, R&B, Rock & Roll and Soul
Cork & Tap Stage (Central Ave & Aliso)
- 2-2:45 p.m.- Quality Retreads- IrishDeltaBillyRootsBumpSkaTwangGrass
- 3:05-3:50 p.m.- Le Chat Lunatique- Le Jazz Hot: Flilthy mangy jazz
- 4:15-5 p.m.- Alma Reunion Band- ABQ's premier jazz band of the 1980's
- 5:25-6:10 p.m.- Porter Draw- ABQ's finest Alt-Country premier jazz band of the 1980's
- 6:35-7:15 p.m.- Zoltan Orkestar- Wild like the west, smooth as whiskey, uninhibited & tremendously frisky
- 7:40-8:25 p.m.- Pleasure Pilots- Rockin' vintage and original rhythm & blues
- 8:50-9:40 p.m.- PANdemonium- Original world music; rhythms of Cuba, Brazil & Trinidad
East Stage (Central Ave & Washington)
- 2:30-3:15 p.m.- Steve Chavez NM Marimba Band- Authentic Mexican "buzz" Marimba from Chiapas
- 3:40-4:25 p.m.- Los Primos w. Lenore Armijo- Traditional music of the Mariachi and Trio Romantico with guest Lenore Armijo
- 4:50-5:35 p.m.- Baracuntanga- Non-stop dance with incomparable South American flavor
- 6-6:45 p.m.- Todd Tijerina Band- Scorchin' funky blues
- 7:10-7:55 p.m.- Felix y Los Gatos- Real deal New Mexican sound smothered in barrio blood, arroyo dust and montanosauce
- 8:20-9:15 p.m.- Calle 66- Contemporary Salsa, Cumbia, Merengue and Bachata
National Headliner: Roomful of Blues
Considered one of the tightest most joyful blues ensembles in the world, Roomful of Blues is, according to DownBeat magazine, "in a class by themselves." Since 1967, the group's deeply rooted blend of swing, rock 'n' roll, jump, blues and soul has earned them five Grammy nominations as well as critical, popular and radio success around the globe. Count Basie called them "the hottest blues band I've ever heard."
Over the years there have been more than 50 Roomful of Blues members, each bringing their own unique talent and vision to the mix. Led since 1996 by guitarist Chris Vachon of whom Guitar Player magazine wrote, "burns with explosive solos and a delightfully greasy sense of rhythm," the band also currently features saxophonist, Rich Lataille, a member since 1970 whose "masterful playing evokes either the fat-toned honking sax of the glory days of early rock or the cool elegance of big band swing jazz." The band's latest release, Hook, Line & Sinker is a foot-stomping collection of tunes that highlights the intense vocal and instrumental power of the band. "This is a band on top of its game, sliding easily from big-band jazz-blues to guitar-drenched urban blues...let the party begin!" (Chicago Sun-Times).
Leni Stern African Quartet
Instrumentalist, singer-songwriter and world traveler, Leni Stern has won five consecutive Gibson Female Jazz Guitarist of the Year awards and released 20 albums including her latest, Jelle! in 2015. Her uniquely inventive guitar and vocal explorations are juxtaposed with the sounds of accomplished African instrumentalists with whom she’s worked for years. Leni Stern, vocals, electric guitar, n’goni will be joined by Kofo ("The Wonderman"), talking drum (Nigeria); and from Senegal, Alioune Faye, djembe and calabash; and Mamadou Ba, bass.
Free Group Wedding
Tie the knot or renew your vows on Route 66! This growing tradition is back again! A Celebration of Love Wedding Chapel is returning to perform a unique ceremony at 6 p.m. on the Main Stage. Take advantage of this special opportunity that requires no appointment or wait time. There will be a County Clerk on site to issue marriage certificates for a $25 cash only fee. For more information on requirements or what to bring, click here.
The Mother Road Market
Browse handmade goods from local artisans at the Mother Road Market. Spanning two full city blocks, the market showcases 40 different artisans with items ranging from jewelry and baked goods to garden art and screen printing. There is sure to be something for everyone. Have your wallet ready to purchase some beautiful products.
Cork & Tap
Sip on ice cold brews or delicious wine and spirits in the Cork & Tap featuring local breweries and wineries. This year's breweries include Broken Bottle Brewery, Santa Fe Brewing, Marble Brewery, Abbey Brewing Company, Kactus Brewing, Red Door Brewing, Chama River Brewing Company, and Il Vicino. There will also be Left Turn Distilling serving spirits and St. Clair Winery serving wine.
Route 66 Summerfest is fun for the whole family! Kids and adults alike won't want to leave the this year's Kids' Zone! The Kids' Zone will feature a stage showcasing family friendly performances and free activities including face painting, henna, a rock wall, and inflatables. Activities will be open from 2-9 p.m.
Route 66 Summerfest Car Show and Neon Cruise
The Route 66 Summerfest Car Show is the place to be for automobile lovers at Route 66 Summerfest! Explore over 100 muscle cars, hot rods, classics, and more during the day and enjoy the Neon Cruise at dusk. Beginning at 8 p.m., watch a parade of the featured cars in the car show making their way down Route 66. The Neon Cruise is a must see for all car enthusiasts.
To register for participation in the car show, please fill out this form.
Duke City Cruisers Bicycle Show in Nob Hill
Take a look at some of Albuquerque's most interesting and unique bicycles at the first ever Bicycle Show at Route 66 Summerfest. The Duke City Cruisers Bicycle Show on Nob Hill will be located near the Bike Valet, just west of Carlisle.
Duke City Cruisers bike club is looking for people to join the show. All bicycles are welcome from custom and vintage, to stock. For more information or to register for the Bicycle Show, please fill out the registration form and return it to the Duke City Cruisers.