Water is essential to all living things. Especially in the arid Southwest, it is important that we conserve water.
Our Actions Matter! You can help conserve water.
- Use National Geographic's Water Footprint Calculator to find out how much water you use compared to the average person in the U.S.- and pledge to reduce your use.
- Turn off the water while you brush your teeth or wash dishes.
- Wash clothes only when you have a full load of laundry.
- Xeriscape your yard with plants that thrive in dry climates.
- Replace your shower heads and toilets with low-flow models.
For more ideas, check out 100 Ways to Conserve.