Design Review & Construction Section
What We Do
The Design Review and Construction (DRC) section is responsible for the design review, oversight inspection and acceptance of public infrastructure installed within City right-of-way and easements. Prior to constructing public water, sewer, road, drainage and parks, an approved set of plans, along with all required agreements, easements and permits, must be in place.
How We Serve You
The Design Review and Construction Section works with developers and consultant engineers to ensure that all the required documents are completed accurately.
The DRC section is responsible for the following items related to public infrastructure:
- Review and approve design drawings for water, sewer, hydrology and roads
- Review and process Subdivision Improvement Agreements
- Review, approve and track financial guarantees
- Review and process agreements and covenants, well monitoring permits, license agreements, revocable permits, streetscape agreements and public easements
- Issue work orders for construction of public infrastructure and/or construction of infrastructure list requirements
- Oversight construction inspection of Work Order projects
- Final acceptance of work order public infrastructure
- Schedule and conduct warranty inspections
- Update the City Engineer’s Unit Price Guide
- City Engineer’s Unit Price Guide
- Development Process Manual (DPM)
- Design Review & Construction Forms
For Design Review & Construction Section questions, please contact the Section Manager at (505) 924-3928.