Los Duranes Community Center
Los Duranes Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Location & Contact Info
Map: Los Duranes Community Center
Los Duranes Community Center is a "Hidden Gem" for the community it serves.
The newly renovated center has two large meeting rooms, arts & crafts room, game room, computer lab, activity room, fitness center and a full size gymnasium.
Los Duranes: Features
- After School Program: Registration will begin on Monday, August 8th at 8:00 a.m. It is on a first come, first serve basis. Program will begin on Monday, August 15, 2016
- Monday through Friday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Free.
- Activities for these programs include: homework, computers, dance, art & crafts, sports, general recreation, field trips, special events, and Supper Meal Program.
- Mondays 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.; Wednesdays, 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.; Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; Free
- Senior Meal Site:
- Monday - Friday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- For more information please call 767-5900.
- Tai Chi Chih:
- Mondays, 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; Free
- Instructor: Doug Spence (505) 344-4712
- Mondays and Tuesdays - 6 p.m. to 7 p.m; Fee
- Instructors: Lisa Lopez (505) 553-0893 and Patricia Baca (505) 250-4748
- Open Gym - Adults Only (18 and older) - Pick Up Games:
- Monday thru Friday: 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 6 p.m. - 7:50 p.m.
- Dance Fitness Class:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 7 p.m. to 7:50 p.m.: Fee
- Instructors: Mariah Gonzales and Mayra Sandoval
- Fitness Center: Must be 18 or older to use Fitness Center. Facility is equipped with cardio and weight training equipment. There is no charge for the use of the fitness center. Registration is required. All fitness center policies and procedures must be followed. Proper workout attire is required (jeans, boots, sandals, belts, cargo pants/shorts are not allowed).
- Gymnasium: Open gym available most evening, unless there is a scheduled rental. Open gym times may vary in the future due to scheduling. Proper work out attire is required (tennis shoes are required).
- Rentals: Interested individuals or groups may contact Jocelyn Rogers, Rental Coordinator, at (505) 767-5834 for more information. Consideration is based on availability of staff and space.
- Georgia Michael, Community Recreation Center Supervisor (gmichael)