2920 Leopoldo NW 87104 Phone: (505) 767-5900 FAX: (505) 767-5905
Los Duranes Community Center is a "Hidden Gem" for the community it serves. The newly renovated center has two large meeting rooms, arts & crafts room, game room, computer lab, activity room, fitness center and a full size gymnasium.
- Mondays through Thursdays, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fridays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- After School Program: Monday through Friday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. No Cost
Activities for this program include arts & crafts, computers, sports, general recreation, field trips, dance, homework help, and special events.
- Summer Youth Program: Participants selected through a lottery system. No cost
- Dance Class: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.; Ages 8 – 11; Begins Nov. 13, 2013. No cost
- Iron Olympians Karate: Tuesdays: 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Ages 3 and older; Begins Nov. 12. Fee Saturdays: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. Begins Nov. 16. Fee
Zumba: Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays – 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. Begins Nov. 4. Fee
- Fitness Center: Must be 18 or older to use Fitness Center. Facility is equipped with cardio and weight training equipment. There is no charge for the use of the fitness center. Registration is required. All fitness center policies and procedures must be followed. Proper workout attire is required (jeans, boots, sandals, belts, cargo pants/shorts are not allowed).
- Gymnasium: Open gym available most evening, unless there is a scheduled class. Open gym times may vary in the future due to scheduling. Proper work out attire is required (tennis shoes are required).
- Rentals: Interested individuals or groups may contact Jocelyn Rogers, Rental Coordinator, at 767-5834 or 767-5800 for more information. Consideration is based on availability of staff and space.
Georgia Michael, Community Recreation Center Supervisor (gmichael)