Stormwater Quality Section
What We Do
The Stormwater Quality Section of the Development Review Services Division is responsible for the construction sites portion of the City’s MS4 permit. The two primary functions of this section are plan review and construction site inspections. *Please note that the City is required to inspect all construction sites.
How We Serve You
- Reviewing erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) plans for proposed construction of sites one acre or larger or smaller projects that are part of a larger plan of development
- Reviewing plans prior to the start of grading operations
- Reviewing elements to be included on the ESC plan to ensure they are similar to the Site Map in the SWPPP
- Reviewing plans to make sure they are sealed by a professional engineer licensed in the state of New Mexico
- Reviewing plans to make sure they contain the appropriate and required checklists and forms
- Conducting inspections on all construction sites
- Conducting two inspections if the site is in a priority area (drains directly to a Waters of the U.S.)
- Erosion & Sediment Control Plan Checklist
- Erosion & Sediment Control Plan Information Sheet
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Manual
- Stormwater Control Permit for Erosion and Sediment Control
For stormwater quality questions, contact the Principal Engineer for the section at (505) 924-3420.