Cesar Chavez Community Center
The facility has a gymnasium, weight room, ceramics room/art room, meeting room, multipurpose room, computer lab, and game room. This Center also serves as a senior meal site.
- Regular Hours: M-Th, 8:00am-8:00pm; Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm; Saturday, 8:00am-3:00pm
- After School Program: M-F, 2:00pm-6:00pm
All programs below are free unless otherwise noted.
- Aerobics (Step) Program: M/Tu/F, 10:00am-11:00am; Wed & Th 10:00am-11:00am every other week
- Adult Basketball: M-Sat, 12pm-3pm, unless events are scheduled
- Canyonettes Senior Basketball: Tuesday, 5:30 pm-7:30 pm. Contact Louise Kiss at 505-299-7768
- Ceramics Program:Thursday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm - Instructor Mary Sena
- ESL: Monday 1:00pm - 2:00pm, Saturday 11:00am - 12 noon.
- Merry Makers: Friday, 7:00 pm-9:00 pm; contact Therapeutic Recreation at 505-764-1525.
- Senior Meal Site (Cesar Chavez/La Mesa): M-F, 10:30 am-2:00 pm. There is a donation of $2.00 for meals.
- Weight Room: M-F, 8 am-8:00 pm; Saturday, 8:00 am-3:00 pm. You must be 18 years of age or older, and have signed a waiver form to work out
- Senior Fitness Program: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8am-10am
- Asian American Association: Saturday, 8:00 am-11:00 am.
- Cherokee Township: 2nd Saturday each month. Contact Nicholas Nail at 505-883-1466
- Elder Homestead: 3rd Thursday each month, 6:30 pm-8:00 pm. Contact Carmen Pennington, Secretary, at 505-256-9506
- Filipino American Association: Contact Emilie Underwood at 505-255-2060
- Hispano Round Table: 4th Wednesday each month, 5:30 pm-8:00 pm; Contact Ralph at 505-846-0038
- Trumbull Village Association: 4th Thursday each month. Contact Joann Landry at 505-604-6761