Cesar Chavez Community Center
The facility has a gymnasium, weight room, ceramics room/art room, meeting room, multipurpose room, computer lab, and game room. This Center also serves as a senior meal site.
- Regular Hours: M-Th, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- After School Program: M-F, 2 - 6 p.m.
All programs below are free unless otherwise noted.
- Aerobics (Step) Program: M/Tu/F, 10 - 11 a.m.; Wed & Th 10 - 11 a.m. every other week
- Adult Basketball: M-Sat, 12 - 3 p.m., unless events are scheduled
- Canyonettes Senior Basketball: Tuesday, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Contact Louise Kiss at (505) 299-7768
- Ceramics Program: Thursday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Instructor Mary Sena
- ESL: Monday 1- 2 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. - 12 noon.
- Merry Makers: Friday, 7 - 9 p.m.; contact Therapeutic Recreation at (505) 764-1525.
- Senior Meal Site (Cesar Chavez/La Mesa): M-F, 10:30 am-2:00 pm. There is a donation of $2.00 for meals.
- Weight Room: M-F, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. You must be 18 years of age or older, and have signed a waiver form to work out
- Senior Fitness Program: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8 - 10 a.m.
- Asian American Association: Saturday, 8:00 am-11:00 am.
- Cherokee Township: 2nd Saturday each month. Contact Nicholas Nail at (505) 883-1466
- Elder Homestead: 3rd Thursday each month, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m. Contact Carmen Pennington, Secretary, at (505) 256-9506
- Filipino American Association: Contact Emilie Underwood at (505) 255-2060
- Hispano Round Table: 4th Wednesday each month, 5:30 - 8 p.m.; Contact Ralph at (505) 846-0038
- Trumbull Village Association: 4th Thursday each month. Contact Joann Landry at (505) 604-6761
- Lucy Herrera, Community Recreation Activities Coordinator ([email protected])