2920 Leopoldo Rd. NW 87104 Rio Grande Blvd. & Rice Ave. Phone: (505) 848-1338 FAX: (505) 764-1753
Los Duranes is a focal point for the community it serves. The Center has a gymnasium, weight room, ceramics room, computer lab, and serves as a senior meal site.
LOS DURANES COMMUNITY CENTER RENOVATION/RECONSTRUCTION UPDATE
The City established a Building Advisory Committee (BAC) to assist with the planning and design of the Los Duranes Community Center. The BAC consists of design professionals, project management and community center staff and representatives from the Los Duranes neighborhood. Neighborhood participation on the BAC ensures the needs of the community are represented in the decision making process for the design of the new center.
The design options incorporated community input from a survey and the first public meeting within the context of funding, site requirements and other existing or anticipated conditions that might affect the size, design and location of the building and parking lot.
While the center is closed, the before and after school recreation program will be run by the Playground Recreation Program for a minimal fee at Los Duranes Elementary School. The ceramics class will be moved permanently to the Barelas Community Center and senior meals will be available at the North Valley Senior Center. The center is scheduled to re-open late summer of 2013.
For the latest updates from the architect please visit the Greer Stafford/SJCF, Inc. webpage at http://www.greer-stafford.com/coa-home/
General questions about the project may be directed to Arnold Sena, Division Manager with the Department of Family & Community Services at 767-5800.
- Monday to Thursday, 7:30 am-8:00 pm; Friday, 7:30 am-6:00 pm
- After School Program: M-F, 2-6 pm. We offer homework help, games, and indoor and outdoor activities. Free snack is provided.
- City & County Youth Basketball Practice: Monday to Thursday 6:00 pm-8:00 pm - ongoing program.
- Adult Ceramic Classes: Tues/Wed/Thurs 2-6pm.
- Adult Basketball: Monday to Thursday 12-1pm
- Adult Basketball League: Wednesday, 6:00 pm-10:00 pm - begins November thru January.
- Senior Meal Site: M-F, 9 am-1 pm; Seniors receive a well-balanced meal and enjoy dining with friends, neighbors and peers.
- Zumba Class: Mon/Tue/Wed, 6:30-7:30pm; Thur, 5:30-6:30pm. Cost $3.00 per class. Contact: Patricia Baca 250-4748.
- Los Duranes Neighborhood Association: 3rd Wednesday of odd month, contact Bill Herring at 505-243-4664
Ray Wright, Community Recreation Center Supervisor (RWright@cabq.gov)