Translate Our Site

Event Permits

Information about obtaining a City of Albuquerque event permit.


Nob Hill Summerfest

Route 66 Summerfest

Special Event Permitting: Now Online

Follow these steps to start your application:

  • Create an account using your email address
  • Create a Special Event Permit Application
  • Provide information about your organization, answer questions pertaining to your event details (Road closures, site plan and more)
  • Upload or provide information on event details
  • Submit your permit and it will be routed to the appropriate departments for questions or approvals

Special events require advanced approval and permits from the City of Albuquerque. We are happy to help guide you through the Event Permitting Process. 

The City of Albuquerque’s Event Permitting Process is designed to make recommendations and establish guidelines for events based on city ordinances, requirements and regulations for events hosted by citizens, businesses and organizations. These recommendations and requirements are intended to minimize impact on area residents, businesses and organizations, and ensure the City’s ability to provide emergency services to the public.

How do I know if I need a Special Event Permit?

Special Event Permits are designed to be obtained when a more complex event takes place.

Of the questions below, if you answer yes to three or more questions, you need a Special Event Permit:

  • Will there be more than one food truck onsite?
  • Will there be food (prepared onsite) served or sold at the event?
  • Will there be tents or canopies at the event for the general public?
  • Will the event take place on a bike trail or open space?
  • Will the event take place in a city park?
  • Will there be goods sold onsite during your event?
  • Will there be amplified sound at your event?
  • Will there be closures or barricading of any streets? Will the event otherwise impact traffic? (If yes, this question counts as 3)

Still not sure? Contact the special event permitting office at (505) 768-3580 or [email protected].

Demonstrations & Protests

If a citizen or group intends to organize and stage a protest, they must contact the Cultural Services Department to receive instructions.

A permit may be required. For that to be determined, organizers must contact the Cultural Services Department.