Parks are for public use and most are on a first-come first-serve basis.
The following outdoor areas can be reserved:
More Recreation Information
Other City recreation facilities can be reserved or used.
- Shelter or Community Center
- Organized field sports, such as soccer, Little League, rugby, or football - call (505) 764-1510.
- Softball Field Use - call (505) 291-6239
- Swimming pools
- Open Space reserve areas
Albuquerque's City parks are open to everyone.
Consider a park for walking, running, sports activities, parties, and family and community gatherings.
Park Use Requirements
Portable restrooms must be placed on dirt or concrete (permit required).
The City of Albuquerque does not provide restrooms for private events.
Parks must be left clean and trash hauled away
Only gas or propane grills are allowed in parks. A fire extinguisher is required. Use of grills and other restrictions are determined by the Fire Marshall's Office.
For events, insurance may be required and review of your proposed event by the City Special Events Permit Committee.
In general, reservations are not accepted for parks.
If your planned park usage involves one or more of the Park Special Conditions, please complete and return the .
- Inflatable "fun jumps" or "bouncy castles" - For more information, call Malia Tafoya at (505) 261-1028. To report unauthorized usage of fun jumps, please call 242-COPS (242-2677).
- Alcohol Use in Parks - Read the Statute
- Groups over 100
- Tent or canopies (stakes prohibited)
- Live music, band or amplification system
- Serving or selling food to the public
- Publicized events
- Street barricading
- Portable restrooms
- Dunk tanks
- Organized recreation
The following items and activities are prohibited in City parks:
- Glass containers
- Vehicles on grass
- Staking of tents (blocks, sandbags, and water-filled barrels only)
- Pony rides