Foster Grandparent volunteers work with children who are at-risk or have special needs. Volunteers are placed in schools, hospitals, correctional institutions, Head Start, and day care centers. The heart of the program is the one-to-one daily attention that Foster Grandparents provide and the sense of hope they foster in the hearts of children.
Call (505) 764-6412 for more information or to volunteer.
Program Supervisor: Maria Requa, [email protected]
- Are age 55 or older
- Willing to donate 20 hours a week
- Love children
Foster Grandparent benefits include:
- Meals while on duty
- Supplemental accident and liability coverage while on duty
- Annual recognition events
- Transportation or mileage reimbursement
- Stipend for those who are income-eligible