What We Do
The mission of the Code Enforcement Division is to implement and administer many of the City’s various property maintenance standards, including the Comprehensive City Zoning Code, the Uniform Housing Code, the Weed & Anti-Litter Ordinance and similar municipal standards adopted by City Council. These enforcement efforts help to safeguard life and health, and protect the community from blight and deterioration.
How We Serve You
Code Enforcement conducts inspections of properties throughout the city to determine compliance with code requirements and, when necessary, notifies owners of observed ordinance violations and methods by which to correct those violations. Code compliance is achived through a combination of education, resource and assistance referral and enforcement. The Division also performs plan review functions for building permit applications and answers questions concerning zoning and land-use matters.
- Report a weed or zoning violation
- Homeowner’s How-To Guide
- Housing Advisory and Appeals Committee
- Use the Address Report to find details on property ownership, zoning, school districts and more
- Request an official Zoning Verification Statement
- Safe City Strike Force
Codes & Ordinances
Below you'll find the ordinances and codes used by the Code Enforcement division, inspectors and planners.
- Address Verification Ordinance/Numbering of City Buildings Ordinance
- Comprehensive City Zoning Code (American Legal link)
- Comprehensive City Zoning Code (Individual Section PDFs)
- Vacant Building Ordinance
- Weeds, Litter and Snow Ordinance
Trying to secure a sign permit? Looking for clarification on where you can place a sign? Need specs on sign sizes and types permitted within Albuquerque? The Code Enforcement division can assist. Read through the Sign Regulations below for answers to all your questions.