RSVP Volunteers (aged 55 and older) work throughout the Albuquerque/Bernalillo County community by providing support services to more than 220 public and nonprofit agencies including schools, hospitals, museums, senior centers, frail elderly programs, police departments, juvenile programs, social services, homeless facilities, child abuse and neglect shelters, environmental projects, and disaster relief programs. Volunteers also work on one-time special-event projects, such as Daffodils for Hospice and Make a Difference Day.
RSVP benefits include:
- Supplemental accident and liability coverage while on duty
- Mileage and meal reimbursement for those in need
- Recognition events, awards ceremonies, and social gatherings
- Networking with other volunteers and agencies
- Opportunities for meaningful, challenging, and diverse volunteer experiences
- Assistance with volunteer placement