Rules of Conduct
In order to efficiently cover the multitude of topics in this program, the information is presented in a fast-paced, yet comprehensive format. Students are not cadets and will not at any time identify themselves as an employee of the City of Albuquerque, or as a peace officer trainee. If you have any concerns or questions during the course, please contact Lieutenant Arturo Gonzalez, Coordinator of the Introduction to APD CSI program (information at bottom of page).
- DRESS CODE: Comfortable and casual attire is encouraged; however, cutoffs, tank tops, or similar attire are not permitted. T-shirts with objectionable slogans or graphics are prohibited.
- ATTENDANCE: You are expected to attend all sessions. The class coordinator has the discretion to approve absences in advance. We understand that emergencies do occur. If you are unable to attend a session, please call. Last minute absences can be reported the following day. Two absences will constitute a failure to complete, and attendee will be dropped from the program.
- TARDINESS: Out of courtesy to the instructor(s) and your fellow students, please arrive on time.
- VISITORS: Due to the confidential material, under-cover agents, and officer safety, the CSI course is closed to all but students and alumni only, unless authorized.
- BREAKS: Your breaks are scheduled hourly. Please take care of personal matters during the breaks and refrain from leaving the room during the sessions.
- WEAPONS: Weapons of any kind are prohibited (except those carried by State licensed peace officers).
- TOBACCO PRODUCTS: No smoking or other tobacco use is permitted in the building. Smoking is permitted in designated areas outside the building. No food or drinks are permitted, other than bottled water.
- STUDENT CONDUCT: All students are expected to behave in a professional manner. Negative or disruptive behavior which impedes the learning environment will not be tolerated.
- CELLULAR PHONES/PAGERS: Please turn your cellular phones and pagers off, or set them to silent/vibrate mode.
- WAIVER OF LIABILITY: All students MUST sign a waiver of liability before participating in the program.
Please submit comments or questions to John Krebsbach, Crime Lab Director, at [email protected].