Crime Stoppers is a program that makes our communities safer by partnering with law enforcement and the media to solicit and reward anonymous tips that prevent, stop and solve crime.
Crime Stoppers Quick Facts:
- The Crime Stoppers program began 35 years ago when an Albuquerque Police Detective partnered with the media to reenact an unsolved homicide. Tips from that news story ultimately led to an arrest and Crime Stoppers was born.
- Today, the Albuquerque Metro Crime Stoppers (AMCS) model has been replicated in over 1,200 programs in all fifty states and more than 20 countries.
- Tips to Albuquerque Metro Crime Stoppers have led to the arrest of 2,001 fugitives and helped close over 7,300 cases in the Albuquerque area.
- AMCS has paid out over $500,000 in rewards since 1976.
- Crime Stoppers is the only program guaranteed by law to protect the identity of tipsters. Because of this, tipsters are exempt from taxes on reward payments.
- Crime Stoppers is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization and receives no government funding. 100% of the funding for rewards, tip line operations and advertisement is provided through donations from individuals, businesses and community organizations.
To Submit a Tip:
Call (505) 843-STOP or visit the Albuquerque Metro Crime Stoppers website. All information provided is anonymous.