The City of Albuquerque Planning Department provides a full range of services from processing building permits to developing long range, regional plans and policies. The department also houses several boards and commissions including, but not limited to, the Development Review Board, Environmental Planning Commission and the Zoning Hearing Examiner.
- Holiday Closure: The Planning Department will be closed on Monday, Feb. 15 in observance of Presidents' Day. We will reopen at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 16.
- Effective March 1: SIA extension requests will require an updated engineer's estimate as a condition of approval by the Development Review Board.
- March 9: The Landmarks and Urban Conservation Commission will consider adoption of revised development guidelines for the Fourth Ward and Eighth and Forrester Historic Overlay Zones. For more details, click here.
Comp Plan Draft Available Online - The ABC-Z Project team now has the full draft of the updated Comp Plan online and available for public review and comment. To review the full Comp Plan draft, click here.
Display copies of the Comp Plan draft are also available in public libraries and City community, multigenerational and senior centers.
You may provide your feedback or comments via the email link on the abc-zone.com website. The comments will go directly to the project team for review and inclusion.
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Newscastic
- Connect with us on Nextdoor.com
- Neighborhood News online newsletter
- Sign up for the ABC-Z e-newsletter
Events & Workshops
Join us for a meeting of the Zoning Hearing Examiner.
Join us for a meeting of the Development Review Board.
Join us for a hearing with the Albuquerque Development Commission.
Join us for a hearing of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Join us a hearing with the Landmarks and Urban Conservation Commission.