The Shooting Range Park provides a safe convenient location for citizens to enjoy shooting sports and learn the skills of using firearms for personal protection and hunting.
Hours of Operation
Wednesday through Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Physical Location: 16001 Shooting Range Access Rd., Albuquerque, NM 87120
Closed Mondays and Tuesdays
Phone: (505) 836-8785
Or email us
David Sanchez, Shooting Range Manager email@example.com
- or -
Jane Chavez, Office Assistant
The City of Albuquerque Open Space Division provides and manages this publicly operated shooting range to promote the safe use of firearms in our community and through the state.
The Shooting Range Park provides an alternative to illegal firearm practice on our mesas, open spaces, and vacant areas.
The Shooting Range Park is a premiere shooting facility located conveniently west of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Park provides a safe environment for shooters of all ages to practice and learn the skills of using a firearm. Highly trained range staff are on-hand at all times to insure the safety of patrons.
*A parent or guardian must accompany youth under the age of 16. All Range staff are qualified National Rifle Association instructors.
Current Range Weather
Please call the Range office for specifics and details (505) 836-8785.
Map to Range
Restrictions on Firearms
No caliber restrictions are currently in effect for the range.
No fully automatic weapon fire or tracer rounds, please.
General Shooting Range Rules
- Keep all firearms pointed strait up or straight down range only.
- Case and uncase firearms on the front shooting tables, facing straight down range.
- Do not handle firearms behind firing line.
- Treat all firearms as if they were loaded.
- Absolutely no horseplay at anytime.
- No rapid fire.
- When shooting prone or kneeling, shoot in-between tables. The muzzle has to be on the other side of the concrete, the shooter’s entire body is on the concrete. Otherwise shoot in the notch in the table.
- No one can draw and fire from a holster.
- Only a sworn Police Officer may holster but, nobody can draw and fire.
- Only targets approved by the Shooting Range Staff may be used.
- If a Range Officer deems your gun, ammunition, or equipment are unsafe; you will have to remove that item from the range.
- We reserve the right to refuse service if intoxicated, disregard for rules, or not complying with Range Officer’s instructions.
Rules for Minors
- A minor is a person who is 15 years old or younger.
- A minor has to shoot with an adult present and the minor will shoot on the adult’s lane.
- An adult will stand within arms length of the minor while handling a firearm.
- The supervising adult has to concentrate on the minor if handling the firearm and CANNOT be reloading magazines, looking through a spotting scope, or shooting at another table.
Rules for Cease Fires
- No gun handling.
- No standing on the concrete or touching equipment on tables.
- You cannot bring a gun from your vehicle or to your vehicle during a cease fire.
Rules for Muzzle Loaders
- During cease fires, the muzzle loader must be empty of powder.
- During cease fires, the muzzle loader must be racked on the back tables facing strait up.
- Loading and cleaning cannot be done during cease fires.
- The caps/primers stay on the front table and the powder and equipment must stay on the back tables.
- All loading and cleaning are accomplished on the back tables.
Ranges & Facilities
Shooting Range Park offers the following facilities and challenging ranges in a scenic setting:
- Rifle, pistol and muzzleloading
- 10, 25, 50, 100, and 200 yard targets
- 13 skeet ranges
- 2 trap ranges
- Silhouette range (competition only)
- 2 public club houses (air conditioned)
- Classrooms (for rent)
- Refreshment areas
The Shooting Range Park does not accept credit cards.
Juniors are considered 15 years old and younger; Seniors are considered 62 years and older.
|Daily Fees||Standard Rate||Senior / Junior|
|Skeet per Round||$5.50||$4.50|
|Trap per Round||$5.50||$4.50|
ABQ Regional PPC & 3-Gun Tournament - http://nmshootnra.com/
007 Paintball - http://007paintballfield.com/
High Desert Sportsman’s Club - http://www.highdesertsportsmen.com/
NM Game & Fish - http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/
New Mexico Military Surplus - http://1886lebel.tripod.com/nmmilsurps/
New Mexico Shooting Sports Association - http://www.nmssa.org/index.htm
NRA - http://home.nra.org/
Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club - http://rgpsc.com/
Rio Grande Renegades - http://www.riogranderenegades.org/
Sandia Gun Club - http://www.sandiagunclub.org/
The Park is located approximately 12 miles west of the intersection of I-25 and I-40 ("Big I").
View Shooting Range Park in a larger map