A. Allocation of Resources
Scheduling of production personnel and air time will be governed by the priorities set forth in paragraph III. B. above and at the discretion of GOV Management.
GOV shall not air programming containing:
- Libelous statements or matter,
- Copyrighted material without appropriate releases or permissions,
- Obscene or indecent material as defined by City Ordinance or community standards,
- Commercial speech,
- Political programming as set forth below,
- Material submitted for cablecast which does not meet professional broadcast production standards in quality of picture, sound, and technical or editorial execution,
- Any other material inappropriate to the mandate, mission, goals, and priorities of GOV.
C. Political Programming
- Candidates: GOV shall not cablecast political programming or campaigning by, or on behalf of, any Candidate for Public Office. Use of GOV by elected officials seeking reelection and candidates seeking election is prohibited for a period of ninety (90) days prior to the election date, except in balanced, nonpartisan open forum programming formats or regularly scheduled County Commission and City Council meetings. There shall be no exceptions to this policy except with the express approval of the GOV Board of Directors.
- GOV shall cablecast measure programming, provided there is fair and equal opportunity for presentation of opposing views.
- GOV shall actively pursue and develop candidate open forum programming formats and measure programming.
D. Non-discrimination Policy
- Programming on GOV shall be consistent with the City of Albuquerque Human Rights Ordinance and Executive Instruction no. 6 (30 March 1994), Administrative Instruction no. 7-12 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Programming on GOV shall depict people in a manner which does not discriminate or foster discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, familial status, age, gender, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, Vietnam Era or disabled veteran status, sexual orientation or medical condition.