Goals and Priorities
The goals of GOV are:
- To increase public awareness and understanding of the structure, functions, services, resources, and activities of local government and of public issues,
- To foster communication between the governments and citizens and enhance opportunity for communication between citizens and government,
- To stimulate citizen participation in the decision-making process of government,
- To enhance the quality of life in Albuquerque and Bernalillo County through programming that contributes to making the Albuquerque area a better place to live,
- To insure that GOV programing meets a journalistic mode of unbiased non-partisanship.
- To require GOV programming and operations meet ethical, professional and broadcast quality technical, production and artistic standards.
In providing each day the maximum practicable number of hours of on-air programming of value and interest to the public, the following priorities for use of personnel and equipment resources of GOV are established:
- Live and delayed coverage of local Government public meetings,
- Government sponsored programs and activities that affect the public.
- Informational programming on local government activities.
- Acquired programming consonant with the mission statement and goals of GOV.