Choosing a Camp
- Select camps based on the grade your child is entering in the upcoming school year.
- Campers can sign up for two different half-day classes, but parents are responsible for transportation between locations. Childcare is available during lunch if the two camps are at the same location.
- Campers cannot enroll in the same camp multiple times. (Camp curriculum repeats every week.)
- Camps are designed for students from preschool through grade 9. (We have a great summer volunteer program for kids, ages 14 and up.)
- We will send an email with camp details to the email address you provided at registration the week before your scheduled program. If you do not receive an email the week before your program, please check your spam or junk folder, then contact us at 505-848-7180.
Full-day classes run from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Half-day morning classes are from 8:30 a.m. and end at noon. Half-day afternoon classes begin at 12:30 p.m. and end at 4 p.m.
We cannot offer aftercare, so please be prompt in dropping off and picking of your camper. If you cannot avoid being late, please call to let us know.
What to Bring
Every child needs to bring:
- Reusable Water bottle
- Food - Full-day campers need lunch and snacks. Half-day camper need a snack.
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
Leave at Home
Please do not bring toys, sports equipment, music, or video games.
What to Wear
The camp registration fee includes the cost of one Camp BioPark T-shirt given to all participants on their first day of camps. Please use the chart below to select the appropriate size for your camper. You will be asked to fill out the size information (see chart below) on the Camp BioPark registration form.
Please be sure your camper wears appropriate and comfortable bottoms and shoes.
Camps are held at the ABQ BioPark Zoo and the Aquarium/Botanic Garden (directions).
Some camps spend days at different locations. You will receive a detailed schedule the week before class begins.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Locations
- For Zoo camps, park in the main lot near the front entrance. Drop off and pick up campers under the trees near the metal sculptures.
- At the Aquarium and Botanic Garden, park in the southwest lot at the intersection of Central Avenue and Tingley NW. Drop off and pick up campers inside the "Education Annex" building.
Campers can only be picked up by adults on the "Child Pick Up List" found on the registration form. BioPark Education must have prior written consent to release your child to any adult not listed on the registration form.
Refunds given if requested at least two weeks prior to the start of the first day of class, minus a $25 processing fee. No refunds will be given if requested within the two weeks prior to the first day of class or once classes begin.