Skip to main content

Park Use & Rental Requests

Parks are for public use and most are on a first-come first-serve basis.

Albuquerque's city parks are open to everyone.

In order to reserve a park for your next family and community gathering, review the Park Use Requirements, Park Special Conditions, and either apply with the online Park Use Agreement Application Form or call the Sports Office.

Park Use RequirementsSome of the activities that occur at parks include walking, running, sports activities, parties, family and community gatherings

  • Portable restrooms must be placed on dirt or concrete (permit required).
  • The City of Albuquerque does not provide restrooms for private events.
  • Parks must be left clean and trash hauled away.
  • Only gas or propane grills are allowed in parks. A fire extinguisher is required. Use of grills and other restrictions are determined by the Fire Marshall's Office.
  • For events, insurance may be required and review of your proposed event by the City Events Permit Committee.

Special Conditions Requiring Park Use Agreement Application Form

  • Inflatable "fun jumps" or "bouncer houses"
  • Alcohol use in parks - Read the Statute
  • Groups over 100
  • Tent or canopies (stakes prohibited)
  • Live music, bands, or amplification systems
  • Serving or selling food to the public
  • Publicized events
  • Street barricading
  • Portable restrooms
  • Dunk tanks
  • Organized recreation

Park Rules

The following items and activities are prohibited in city parks:

Park ReservationsAlbuquerque's City parks are open to everyone.

In general, reservations are not accepted for parks.

If your planned park usage involves one or more of the Park Special Conditions, or is one of the locations below, please complete and return the Park Use Agreement Application Form.

The following outdoor areas can be reserved outside of the Park Use Request process:

Park Use Agreement Application Form

Park Reservations contact information.

Other City recreation facilities can be reserved or used but are not covered in the online Park Use request Agreement Application process. See methods below for reservations.