Business Registration Information
Business Registration Contact
- (505) 924-3890
- [email protected]
What We Do
The Business Registration Section of the Planning Department is responsible for carrying out the duties described in the Business Registration Ordinance for the City of Albuquerque. The ordinance requires that all businesses apply for and pay a business registration fee for each outlet, branch, location, or place of business within the municipal limits of the city prior to engaging in business.
How We Serve You
The Business Registration Section staff processes all applications for registrations. Our staff is also happy to assist with any questions you may have while proceeding through the business registration, renewal or cancellation process. We are available in person at the Planning Department's One Stop Shop located at 600 2nd Street NW in Downtown or via phone at (505) 768-3391. Our goal is to make the process easy and efficient for you as we understand that business owners are often busy and short on time. To do that, we offer the following services:
*Attention: The Planning Department is currently experiencing a delay in sending out business registration renewal invoices due to a software upgrade. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Please know that we will work to get this corrected as quickly as possible and that you will not be penalized or charged a late fee for this delay.
- Business Registration: Instructions and Forms
- Business Registration Renewals
- Business Registration and Public Information Search
- Except for the state tax number, registration data provided to the City of Albuquerque is public information. This includes home address and telephone number if they are used for businesses purposes.
- Change a Business Address
- Close a Registered Business
- Business Registration Closure Form
- Commercial Business Registration Application
- Home-Based Business Registration Application
- Planning Department General Fee Schedule
- Search Registered Albuquerque Businesses