Open Space Visitor Center (OSVC)
Hours & Location
Tuesday - Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Open Space Visitor Center is closed on the Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
The Open Space Visitor Center is located at 6500 Coors NW. View the Open Space Visitor Center map.
The Open Space Visitor Center has exhibits interpreting the natural and cultural resources the Open Space Division protects. It also features an art gallery, agricultural fields that draw a variety of wildlife and stunning views of the Sandia Mountains.
Featured Events & Activities
- Yoga with a View: Every Sunday.
- First Sunday of the Month, Bosque Wild Guided Nature Walk. Space is limited. For details and to reserve your place, call (505) 897-8831.
Open Space Email List
Visitor Center Art Gallery & Land Art
For more information about future art shows at the Visitor Center, see the Gallery Schedule.
- Ongoing: LAND/ART, site-specific works near the Open Space Visitor Center.
- If you are interested in submitting your work to the gallery, please view Open Space Visitor Center Gallery information.
Agriculture & Wildlife
The Open Space Visitor Center manages approximately 18 acres of agricultural land for the benefit of wildlife. The farm rotates corn, sorghum, millet, and alfalfa that feed winter migratory birds and other local wildlife, including pollinators.
The Open Space Visitor Center also offers comfortable indoor and outdoor viewing areas where you can watch Sandhill cranes and other migratory birds during their fall and winter migratory season.
The Flyway Project
Flyway is an iconic piece of public art that is located near the City of Albuquerque Open Space Visitor Center at the corner of Coors and Bosque Meadows Road.
Artist Robert Wilson talks about Flyway his latest work that was commissioned by the Albuquerque Public Art Urban Enhancement program.
The Open Space Visitor Center in the News
- How to Build Discovery into a Place: the Open Space Visitor Center, an article by See Yourself Teaching.
- Local producer Anthony Della Flora and videographers Blaise Koller and Charles (Bazz) McClain have been nominated for a Rocky Mountain Emmy® for "Flight Path: The Flyway Project". This mini documentary chronicles the artistic and political process of one of Albuquerque's high profile public artworks.
Open Space Alliance Gift Shop
Gift Shop Manager and volunteers needed! The Open Space Alliance Gift Shop is currently seeking a Volunteer Gift Shop Manager. Please contact the Open Space Alliance for more information. [email protected]
Gift Shop Hours: Please note that the gift shop is currently open only during special events. Check back soon for the dates the Gift Shop will be open in 2017.
Volunteer with the Visitor Center
For more information on how you can be involved in the development of this exciting facility, call (505) 897-8865.
For the next scheduled Open Space Visitor Center volunteer training, check our calendar of events.
There are currently no items in this folder.