Right-of-Way Activities & Permit Applications
The Construction Coordination Section of the Construction Services Division organizes most activities conducted in public right-of-way, including issuing excavation/barricade permits, inspecting all barricaded sites, and distributing traffic bulletins to media outlets.
Click your desired format from the options below to download an application form:
- Barricade/Excavation Permit Application MS Word / PDF
- Dumpster/Storage Pod Permit Application MS Word / PDF
- Block Party Permit Application MS Word / PDF
Please note, all applications must be submitted at least five (5) business days prior to your anticipated start date.
Also, please review our permit fees for estimating a general fee.
(If your company/business regularly submits applications with the City, you may be interested in direct application submission. For more information, please contact our department at 505-924-3400.)
Application Procedure for Contractors
Depending on your right-of-way activity, The Construction Services Department may require additional documentation or licensing before issuing a permit. These items may be proof of licensing, or certain bonds and certificates. Please review the Procedure to Obtain Permits (in the document below), and obtain the necessary bonds/licenses prior to submitting your application.
If you are unsure what documents you may need, please contact the Construction Services Department at 505-924-3400.
- Bond Securing Payment of Permit Fees MS Word / PDF
- Contractor's Sidewalk, Curb, and Gutter Bond MS Word / PDF
- Contractor's Excavation Bond MS Word / PDF
- Contractor's Affidavit Form MS Word / PDF
- Water Tapping Bond MS Word / PDF