Inspire your child's awareness of nature with Camp BioPark.
Camp BioPark is for children, preK - grade 9. Learn science through hands-on activities, games and art. Join us to explore the fascinating world of plants and animals!
Camp BioPark 2015
Camp BioPark will run June 1 - July 24, 2015. Read descriptions for 2015's summer camps.
Registration for Camp BioPark 2015 opens at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, March 4.
- Preschool Beginnings--ages 3-6
- Discover!--grades k-1
- Explore!--grades 2-3
- Adventure!--grades 4-6
- Investigate!--grades 7-9
Camp BioPark Experience
Camp BioPark is educational and great fun! Typical camp days include
- Guided walks to see animals and plants
- Indoor and outdoor activities
- Games and crafts
- Time for snacks and lunch
- Quiet time for reflection and reading
Camps for students in Grades 3 through 9 include at least one behind-the-scenes tour.
Choosing a Camp
From butterfly discovery to biology treks along the Rio Grande, Camp BioPark has curriculum for youth of various ages.
- Select camps based on the grade your child is entering in the upcoming school year.
- Campers can sign up for two different half-day classes, but parents are responsible for transportation between locations. Childcare is available during lunch if the two camps are at the same location.
- Campers cannot enroll in the same camp multiple times. (Camp curriculum repeats every week.)
- Camps are designed for students from preschool through grade 9. (We have a great summer volunteer program for kids, ages 14 and up.)
Online registration allows us to save thousands of pieces of paper and streamline the sign-up process! If you have problems, please call 505-848-7180.
Registration opens 8:30 a.m. on Weds., March 4, 2015. Spaces are filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.Register Online.
New Mexico Biopark Society members receive a 10 percent discount for camps. Please have your membership number handy when you register.
Refunds given if requested at least two weeks prior to the start of the first day of class, minus a $25 processing fee per class/per child. No refunds will be given if requested within the two weeks prior to the first day of class or once classes begin.
Visit our FAQ page.
What Parents Are Saying
"This was my child's first camp experience, and he absolutely loved it! We will definitely be returning for future camps."
"My daughter loves this class! She has been full of information to share each day when she comes home. I love the security and safety and attention to each child. I know that she is safe and well cared for while learning at the Zoo."
"We have tried many programs throughout the city, and this is the only one my son begs to attend year after year. He learns new information every time."