Home Services

The Department of Senior Affairs, in collaboration with the Area Agency on Aging, provides many social service programs for frail and/or homebound elderly that enable them to continue living independently in their homes as long as feasible.

First Stop: Referrals must be obtained through the Department of Senior Affairs' Senior Information Line at (505) 764-6400.

Home Retrofit

RetrofitHelp is provided to income-eligible disabled persons of all ages in modifying their living space to accommodate special needs. Home Retrofit installs grab bars, wheelchair ramps, and safety rails, and other supportive equipment. Step modification and other minor remodeling are also possible to enhance self-sufficiency. Donations are requested. Please call (505) 764-6400.

Home Repairs

For homeowners aged 60 and older, non-licensed work is provided for such services as replacing windows, fixing minor plumbing problems, and installing door locks. Donations are requested. Please call (505) 764-6400.

Home Chores

For homeowners aged 60 and older, annual yard work, painting and other needed chores are provided. Donations are requested. Please call (505) 764-6400.