- The Open Space Visitor Center (OSVC) has exhibits interpreting the natural and cultural resources the Open Space Division protects.
- See a variety of art and media from local, national and international artists in the Open Space Visitor Center Gallery.
The Open Space Alliance
- Join the Open Space Division's non-profit friends group, the Open Space Alliance.
Open Space Lands Information
- Maps! Download Open Space trail maps.
- City Open Space Space partners with Google to provide virtual tours of Open Space trails.
- View City of Albuquerque Open Space land information.
- Open Space Annual Pass form and information.
Open Space Featured Events
View all upcoming events on the Open Space events calendar.
- See information on the Shooting Range State Park.
- Learn about paddle sports and other activities in the .
- Teachers, parents and students: learn about the Open Space Alliance's Get into Open Space!
Open Space News
Rules and Regulations
- See a list of general Open Space rules and regulations for Visitors.
- Find out about general Parks and Recreation Department rules and regulations.
- Want to host a special event on Open Space lands? All special events require a permit! Please see our list of Open Space regulations for more information.
About the Open Space Division
Open Space works to acquire and protect the natural character of land designated as major public Open Space in the 1988 revised City of Albuquerque Comprehensive Plan.
These lands, which comprise more than 29,000 acres in and around Albuquerque, are managed to:
- Conserve natural and archaeological resources
- Provide opportunities for outdoor education
- Provide a place for low impact recreation
- Define the edges of the urban environment.
The Open Space Advisory Board
Open Space Events
Discover the Open Space Gallery with this juried show of multi-media art that explores the flora, fauna, and cultural resources of Albuquerque’s Open Space lands.
Join us for a meeting of the Open Space Advisory Board.
A Celebration of Winter Solstice in Story and Song with Regina Ress and Scott and Johanna Hongell-Darsee
An annual community event to celebrate the beginning of Winter
store open for special events
The shop in the lobby of the Open Space Visitor Center is open on December 18, 2016
a form of Qigong with specific poses
Five Keys to Energize the Body