Information about SunVan Paratransit Service.
- Read the latest edition of Sunvan News.
- Learn about our wheelchair policy
SunVan, ABQ RIDE's paratransit service, provides accessible transportation to persons residing in or visiting the metro area whose impairment makes it impossible to ride the fixed route service.
All permanent riders must be ADA-certified through an interview process at the ABQ RIDE office. Applicants must fill out an application form and call for an interview.
SunVan Service Area
ABQ RIDE Paratransit provides origin-to-destination service to and from any address in Albuquerque and most of Bernalillo County. Door to Door service is also available upon request at time of reservation.
Service hours are the same as the fixed-route service.
The fare is $2 for each one-way trip, which can be paid for with coupons or cash. Coupons are available at ABQ RIDE. Call 243-Ride (V/TTY) for other sales locations.
Advance reservations are required, and reservations are accepted three days in advance when made Saturday through Thursday; On Fridays, reservations are accepted five days in advance. Rides must be cancelled two (2) hours prior to the scheduled ride.
Other Sun VanResources
- SunVan Paratransit Eligibility Requirements
- Application Instructions
- Note to Health Care Provider
- Paratransit Certification Form
- Advisory Committee on Transit for the Mobility Impaired
- Sun Van Performance Metrics
- Fixed Route Performance Metrics
- Sun Van Assessment 2010 Report
- Compliance Review Briefing