Parks and Recreation
- Protect, plan, enhance, and maintain a Parks, Major Public Open Space, and Trails System that gives Albuquerque its sense of place.
- Promote economic development and tourism by continuing to provide quality, affordable facilities and programs (e.g. Golf, Recreation, Swimming Pools, Parks, Open Space, Balloon Fiesta Park, Shooting Range, and Sporting Events).
- Assure quality educational programs for youth to encourage positive behavior towards a conservation ethic and therefore combat "Nature Deficit Disorder."
- Provide quality recreation programs to encourage healthy, active lifestyles for all ages.
- Encourage and develop a healthy and safe work environment, ethical management practices, and a spirit of teamwork for all Parks and Recreation employees.
Find a park near you!
Parks & Recreation Department Goals
- Promote and Market Albuquerque’s Recreation Programs, Parks, Golf Courses, and Open Space
- Develop New Strategies to Improve Albuquerque’s Leisure, Recreation, and Sports Facilities and Programs
- Conserve and Sustain Albuquerque’s Natural and Cultural Resources for Future Generations
- Meet Youth Entertainment and Sports Needs and Expectations
- Maintain Harmony with Community and Neighborhood Associations
- Ensure Every Visitor has a Quality Experience
- Involve and Empower Community Groups
- Increase Customer Confidence
- Respond to Customer Needs Every Day of the Week
Please visit our Main page for more information about Parks and Recreation!