Translate Our Site

Noise Permits

Instructions to obtain a noise permit, and to report a noise complaint in the City of Albuquerque.

Due to the Governor’s current Public Health orders restricting mass gatherings, Environmental Health is currently not issuing noise permits. If you are seeking a noise permit for construction activities, please contact our office at (505) 768-2738 for further assistance.

How to Obtain a Permit

Noise permits are available to allow temporary sound above the usual limits but still within reason for events having amplified sound, such as DJ’s, microphones, live bands, etc. Noise permits can be obtained Monday- Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. at the City of Albuquerque, Environmental Health Department office, located at 1 Civic Plaza, Room 3023.  For directions to our office, please click on this map.

Construction noise permits are also available.

All noise permits are free of charge.

Noise permits are also subject to review or revocation by the Albuquerque Police Department or the Environmental Health Department. A noise permit can be suspended without notice at any time if the sound is too loud, or if there are a large number of complaints.  Future noise permits may be denied if a location or individual receives substantial complaints.

NOTE: Noise permits are not for recurring events such as band practice or businesses that have regular music, for example, a nightclub or bar.