Skip to main content

Rental Assistance

Find rental assistance in Albuquerque.

3/23/2023 - The City of Albuquerque's Eviction Prevention Program no longer has funding available.  Please check back after 4/1/2023 for funding updates.


For information on other services, please dial 2-1-1 or visit the United Way website.

New Mexico Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)

In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, temporary federal funds were made available to help people stay housed during difficult times. The City combined its ERAP funds with the State’s, and applications were accepted/awards made through or Effective January 1, 2023 the ERAP program for City of Albuquerque renters closed to new applications. The only exception is for renters who have received a “Notice to Evict” due to nonpayment. If you are facing eviction, please contact the Eviction Prevention and Diversion program at, which is the only way new applicants can be considered for ERAP financial assistance.

Applications submitted before 1/1/23 to or will continue to be reviewed, processed and awarded in this priority order:  Those with an eviction notice; First time applicants; All other applicants

There is assistance still available (not financial) such as housing stability services and legal aid, that you can find at  In addition, you can complete an interest form, should financial rental assistance become available in the future.

Renters OUTSIDE the City of Albuquerque but still in the unincorporated portions of Bernalillo County still may be eligible to receive rent and utility support. This program is administered separately by Bernalillo County. They cannot help people who live within the actual City of Albuquerque limits.

Download the Emergency Rental Assistance Program Flyer:
Español | العربية | kiswahili| 中文 Zhōngwén | Tiếng Việt | 한국어 hangugeoTagalog

*This project is supported, in whole or in part, by CFDA number 21.023 awarded to the City of Albuquerque by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.


FCS Health & Social Service Centers Emergency Rental & Utility Assistance Program

Health & Social Service Centers, which are part of the Family & Community Services (FCS) Department, also run an emergency rental and utility assistance program. This program can help renters with unpaid rent and utilities if they are at risk of eviction or utility shut-off.

The criteria for this program are different than the criteria for the NM Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Staff at the Health & Social Service Centers know the rules for both programs and will help connect people to the program that is the best fit for the situation. Funding is limited and all services provided are subject to availability of funds. For more information, contact the Health & Social Services Center located closest to where you live (see chart below).

Download flyer for more information: CDBG-CV Eviction Prevention Program - (rental and utility assistance for income-qualified households) | Españolالعربية | 中文 Zhōngwén | Tiếng Việt 


FCS Health & Social Service Center Locations

Agency Name Contact Information
John Marshall Health & Social Service Center 1500 Walter SE
Alamosa Health & Social Service Center 6900 Gonzales SW
Los Griegos Health & Social Service Center 1231 Candelaria NW
East Central Health & Social Service Center 7525 Zuni SE


Bernalillo County Resources

The resources listed above are only for Albuquerque residents. If you live in unincorporated Bernalillo County, you can apply for help with rent and utilities through Bernalillo County here: