John Marshall Health & Social Service Center

Information about the services offered at the John Marshall Health & Social Service Center.

John Marshall Health and Social Service Center

Center Location

1500 Walter SE
Albuquerque, NM 87102

Center Hours

Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Food Pantry Hours

  • Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 10 a.m. - Noon
  • Tuesday & Thursday: 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.

View on-site agencies with evening and weekend hours.

Contact Information

View John Marshall center contact information.

Look Up Your Center by Address

UPDATE 12/24/20:  Food Pantry is closed today and will reopen on Monday 12/28/20.

UPDATE 3/31/20: Due to the safety concerns regarding COVID-19, the Health and Social Service Centers will no longer be taking walk-ins for services. Please call your nearest location for further details on how to access services.

City Social Services

The City of Albuquerque's John Marshall Center staff provides emergency food, clothing, utility assistance, and rental assistance, as well as community meeting rooms and seasonal services and activities, to residents of the Central Southeast Heights and Downtown areas of Albuquerque.

The Center is always seeking and accepting donations from our business and local community members as well as organizations, and collaborating agencies for the following services available at the Center.

Year-Round Services

  • TEFAP Food Boxes
  • Emergency Diapers
  • Emergency Hygiene Products
  • Clothing Bank
  • Utility and Rental Assistance (Based upon available funds)
  • Notary Public
  • Information and Referrals to other collaborating agencies
  • Meeting Rooms for Neighborhood and Community Groups
  • ABQ-GED – Learning Lab. Information/Intake Telehone: (505) 907-9957

*Please call for specific program/service eligibility requirements.

Seasonal Services

  • Community Fairs
  • Toys for Tots

On-Site Social Services & Health Care Agencies

Agency Name Services Hours Contact Info
Cuidando Los Ninos Child Care Center
  • Provides high quality childcare, preschool, and therapeutic services to meet the special needs of children, ages 6 weeks to 5 years, experiencing homelessness.
  • Provides support services that assist and strengthen thier families as they become re-housed.
  • Click here for more info.
Call for hours (505) 843-6899
UNM Hospital - Maternity and Family Planning Clinic
  • Primary Health and Prenatal Care Services
  • Healthcare for the Undocumented
Call for hours (505) 272-4815
United South Broadway Corporation
  • Affordable Housing to Low Income to Moderate Income First Time Home Buyers
  • Down Payment/Closing Cost Grant Assistance
  • HUD Certified First-Time Home Buyer Training
  • Bosque Youth Conservation Core (BYCC)
  • Legal Foreclosure Defense Services
  • Foreclosure Counseling
Call for hours (505) 764-8867

USDA Notice

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race,color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  3. Email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.