Information on Mental Health
Families and Schools Together (FAST)
Families and Schools Together is designed to reduce the risk factors associated with substance abuse and related problem behaviors for children up to 12 years of age and their parents. The 8-week FAST programs are held at multiple sites within the city of Albuquerque, through the Albuquerque Public School System. FAST program components include:
- Weekly multifamily support groups
- Monthly multifamily meetings
Child Witness to Domestic Violence Service
The Division of Health & Human Services contracts with a community-based program targeting children who have witnessed domestic violence to reduce short-term and long-term developmental and behavioral problems related to any violence they have witnessed.
Suicide Prevention or Crisis Services
The Division of Health & Human Services does not fund any of the following emergency services, however if you are in need of these services please contact any one of the agencies below.
- AGORA Crisis Center: Crisis Center call (505) 277-3013
- UNM Psychiatric Center: (505) 272-2800
- New Mexico Statewide Crisis Line: 1-866-HELP-1-NM (1-866-435-7166)
- USA National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-2433
- USA National Crisis Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Suicide and Crisis Hotlines