Translate Our Site


Information about diseases from rodents and rodent-borne diseases.

Report Dead Rodents

  • The Urban Biology Division will collect dead rodents east of Tramway and the East Mountains to test for plague or tularemia. To report a dead rodent without obvious trauma, call 311.
  • The City of Albuquerque does not provide rodent control services. Contact a pest control company if you have a rodent infestation in or around your home.

Rodents & Rodent-Borne Diseases

  • The rodent-borne disease program includes the surveillance, investigation and control of diseases such as:


  • The Urban Biology Division monitors for prarie-dog-standingplague and tularemia in rabbits and rodents.
  • These diseases are limited to the area east of Tramway Blvd in the Foothills, and to the East Mountains areas.
  • City or County residents in these areas who find dead rodents or rabbits should call 311 to have the animal collected for testing.If you find a dead rodent without obvious trauma call 311.
  • Mice are not collected or tested.
  • Larger rodents, and animals that have been killed as prey or as roadkill do not need to be reported.