Information about diseases from rodents and rodent-borne diseases.
Report Dead Rodents
- The Urban Biology Division will collect dead rodents east of Tramway and the East Mountains to test for plague or tularemia. To report a dead rodent without obvious trauma, call 311.
- The City of Albuquerque does not provide rodent control services. Contact a pest control company if you have a rodent infestation in or around your home.
Rodents & Rodent-Borne Diseases
- The rodent-borne disease program includes the surveillance, investigation and control of diseases such as:
- The Urban Biology Division monitors for plague and tularemia in rabbits and rodents.
- These diseases are limited to the area east of Tramway Blvd in the Foothills, and to the East Mountains areas.
- City or County residents in these areas who find dead rodents or rabbits should call 311 to have the animal collected for testing.
- Mice are not collected or tested.
- Larger rodents, and animals that have been killed as prey or as roadkill do not need to be reported.