DFAS: Customer Service Corner
Customer Service Pledge
Customer Service Spotlight
Finance Tech, Purchasing Division, December 2016
Eddie received great customer service feedback from one of our internal customers in DTI.
"...he provides services in a professional manner and always very responsive to requests with a calm demeanor and smile. He is an asset to the City and a role model for all employees.", Mary Lou Harris, Department of Technology and Innovation.
Buyer, Purchasing Division, December 2016
Claire received a wonderful compliment from an internal service customer.
"Claire was a super star today in helping me with a very tricky Purchase Order adjustment.... and with her help, knowledge and patience we got it done!", Mary Lou Harris, Department of Technology and Innovation.
DFAS is G.R.E.A.T.™
Our Mission Statement
The Department of Finance & Administrative Services (DFAS) strives to provide quality and trustworthy service with a focus on our customers and continuous improvement.
Who We Are
DFAS provides timely, accurate, and relevant financial, facility and information management services to City departments, residents, and businesses in an innovative and efficient manner. These services include:
- Protecting municipal assets
- Supporting the optimal delivery of City services to the public
- Enhancing the planning and decision-making process in City departments
DFAS strives to be a progressive center of excellence that is a valued resource, fostering innovative business solutions, encouraging professional ethics, fiscal integrity, trust, and stewardship of city assets.
DFAS Customers include both internal and external customers, including our Mayor, Administration, City Councilors, City departments, City vendors, DFAS management, colleagues, and subordinates, and the public.
Our Customer Service Objectives
DFAS is committed to the highest standards of service in its dealings with all its Customers. The DFAS customer service approach is governed by the GREAT™ Customer Services Principals, which include the attitudes and actions we need to show Customers in order to generate excellence in our results. In that context, DFAS has formulated this Customer Service Action Plan which is grounded in five core principles:
Our Customer Service Pledge
In order to assist DFAS staff to carry out its Customer Service Objectives, DFAS has established the following Customer Service Pledge. DFAS staff shall be required to sign the Pledge to indicate their understanding of and commitment to enhancing our relationship with our Customers.
- We will make it our goal to exceed the expectations of all of our Customer groups. We will work to anticipate the needs of those we serve by proactively working to meet their needs.
- We will hold ourselves and each other accountable for our service commitment.
- We will be conscious of our communication style (i.e.; audible voice, eye contact when speaking to someone, tone of voice) and communicate in a professional and courteous manner.
- We will work to resolve issues with Customers by discussing problems directly and working collaboratively toward agreed upon solutions.
- We will listen effectively to requests and promptly take the necessary actions to assist them. We will keep our Customers informed of unexpected delays in service.
- We will acknowledge email, voicemail, questions and requests within 24 to 48 hours, during normal business hours. We will inform our Customers when they can expect completion of a task. During peak business times, we will inform them about delays that may arise in the process.
- We will maintain professional telephone etiquette. We will answer our phone calls identifying our name and our department/division with a positive attitude. When we do not have an immediate answer as part of the conversation, we will advise our customer of the additional research required and provide a reasonable time frame to address the issue. If we cannot assist the caller to the best of our abilities, we will direct the call to the appropriate person.
- We will follow-up with the customer to ensure their request has been completed to their satisfaction.
- We will update our voicemail and email greetings when we are out of the office for an extended period of time (1/2 day or longer) to inform our customers when we will return and provide an alternative contact.