Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions of Finance and Administrative Services.

Can We Send in Payroll Documents by Fax Machine?

Certain types of documents can be faxed. You must check with Central Payroll at 505-768-3441.


  1. Originals are required for a "Manual Check Request"
  2. Missing paperwork for a garnishment release may be okay to fax.

When Will My Payroll Direct Deposit Hit the Bank?

Payday is Friday. Sometimes monies are processed by the financial institutions earlier than Friday. Normally, direct deposits for payday are processed on Thursday before payday. Check with Central Payroll for any exceptions at 505-768-3441.

What is the Status of My Invoice? How Do I Get Paid for Services or Goods Provided to the City?

Information about invoice(s) and payment(s) can be found at the City's Vendor Services website.

I Need Information About My Accounts Receivable Account

Please call the Accounts Receivable desk at 505-768-3437.

Is the City of Albuquerque Required to Complete a W-9 (Taxable Entity)?

No, the City is a government agency and is not required to complete/present a W-9.

Where Can I Get a Copy of a Previous Year's W2?

For a personal W2 duplicate/reprint, contact Central Payroll at (505) 768-3441. Leave your name, SSN, and a number where you can be reached. Payroll will call that number when your W2 is ready. Allow 3 to 4 business days. Staff will ask to see picture ID when you come to pick up your W2 duplicate/reprint, room 8010 of City Hall. Payment of $20 per duplicate/reprint must be made either in cash or cashier's check. Personal checks are not accepted.

Where Do I Get a Copy of a Previous Year's 1099?

Contact Accounts Payable at 505-768-3433 to request a duplicate 1099.

Who Takes Care of Employment Verifications (Salary Verifications) for Mortgages?

We are pleased to announce that effective May 1, 2019, we are using Employers Unity, LLC to fulfill most requests for your income and employment information. Use Employers Unity, LLC to provide proof of your employment and/or income when securing financing, leasing an apartment, providing information to government agencies, etc. instead of coordinating this request with Human Resources and/or Payroll.

Employers Unity, LLC will help you provide your information fast and give you more control over who has access. You can access Employers Unity, LLC online at any time at You are not charged for this service and can receive one free personal report annually.

Process Verifier Should Follow:

  1. From your Internet browser, go to
  2. Click on Verifier, Government Verifier or Employees. Please note, in order for an employee to receive their free report, they must Click on Employees during the registration process.

Only businesses that have received your authorization and completed a process that confirms they are a legitimate business and have a valid reason as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act can view employment and income information through Employers Unity, LLC.

For Help Using Employers Unity, LLC:

Go to and click support.

If your wage verification is from the Social Security Administration or the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, contact Central Payroll via:

What is the Protest Period for a Bid?

The protest period for bids is five working days. If you wish to protest you must follow the procedures outlined in the request for bid. If you have further questions, please contact the Purchasing Office at 505-768-3320 for routing to the appropriate purchasing representative.

Why Can I No Longer Get to My Internet Email Account at City Facilities Other Than the Library?

The computers at the Community Centers, unlike those at the libraries and Senior Centers, are connected to the City's employee network and are therefore subject to all employee network policies. This means that email access other than authorized City email accounts is not allowed. The purpose of these computers is to provide "computer" access to the public, not necessarily Internet access. The computers at the libraries are purposely placed there to offer Internet access to the public. They are not connected to the City's network and therefore are not subject to its internal computer policies. This means that you can access your email accounts from any public library that provides Internet access.

If you have further questions, please contact the Community Center manager.

How Do I Register to Sell to the City?

Information on registering to sell to the City is available on the Vendor Services webpage. Contacting the Purchasing Division on the 7th floor of the City/County Government Center (Room #7012) is a good first step in becoming a City supplier.

Who is the City of Albuquerque Purchasing Officer?

Access the Purchasing Staff Directory

The Purchasing Office is located in Room #7015, City / County Gov. Center @ 5th & Marquette NW.

What is the City's Federal Tax ID Number?

The City's Federal Tax ID Number is 85-6000102.

What Type of Payments Do You Accept?

We accept cash, checks, money orders, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.

I Had a Job Accident, Where Do I Go for Medical Care?

Employee Health Center, the phone number is 505-768-4630.

I Did Not Get Paid This Pay Period or Did Not Get Paid Correctly. My Department Has Sent in the Paperwork For a Manual Check. When Can I Pick up the Check?

If the paperwork has been submitted and was complete and correct, you may pick up your check after 4 p.m. on the day submitted. Contact Central Payroll to verify at 505-768-3441.

Who Do I Contact For the Payment of Invoices?

Delaying, payment, and research of vendor invoices are distributed among City Accounts Payable (AP) processors according to vendor name. A listing of the Vendor Breakout shows the processor responsible for each vendor.

Do You Have This Invoice?

Information about invoices can be found at the City's Vendor Services website. If the system shows we have not received the invoice(s), please fax a copy of the invoice to: 505-768-3476.

How Do I Get in Touch With State of NM Risk Management?

The address to State Risk Management is:

PO Drawer 26110
Santa Fe, NM 87502
Phone 505-827-0442

I Was in an Accident With an APS School Bus. Who Do I Call to Make a Claim?

APS Risk Management
725 University SE,
Albuquerque, N.M. 87106.
Phone 505-842-8211.

How Do I Get a Copy of the City's Annual Financial Report?

The City's Financial Report can be accessed at the City's Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Website.

My 1099 is Wrong. Where Do I Get a Correct 1099?

Contact Accounts Payable at 505-768-3433.