Local Legal Resources

Information about local legal resources for taking action in civil legal matters, for help if you have been victimized by a scam or fraud, or for general civil legal services.

Senior Citizens' Law Office

Free legal services for Bernalillo County residents 60 and older in civil cases, including SSI, VA, and other government benefits issues, power of attorney, trusts, guadianship/conservatorship, grandparent adoptions, foreclosure, financial exploitation, landlord/tenant, public housing/Section 8, consumer matters, health-related issues and long term care, estate planning, and probate.

New Mexico Legal Aid

The intake line is open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Mountain Time).

Lawyer Referral for the Elderly Program

Provides legal advice and information as well as referrals to attorneys or agencies by telphone to indiviuals age 55 and older.

Monthly Civil Legal Clinic

First Wednesday of each month, 10 .m.-1 p.m.; first come, first served; call 505-814-5033 for additional information

Monthly Civil Legal Clinic

Second Friday of each month, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.; first come, first served; call 505-841-9817 for additional information.

Albuquerque Civil Justice Clinic for Veterans

Quarterly legal clinics. Free to all VA-enrolled veterans.

State Bar of New Mexico

For Public Ask-a-Lawyer Call-in

Once a year, New Mexico residents can get their legal questions answered free or receive a referral on the Saturday closest to Law Day.

Saturday, April 30, 2022

9:00a.m. - Noon (MST)

Call toll free: 1-800-876-6227

CABQ Eviction Prevention Legal Clinic

City residents facing eviction can get free advice from a lawyer at the clinic on May 25, 2022.

Pre-registration is required – please sign up here: Client Pre-Screening Form for Free Eviction Prevention Legal Clinic#3 - Google Forms

The deadline to register for pre-screening is May 8, 2022. Registrants will receive a call to determine eligibility.

Call 505-768-4255 for more information.

University of New Mexico School of Law Clinic

The School of Law accepts cases in limited legal categories annually. Call for more information.

ABA New Mexico Free Legal Answers

Three (3) free legal questions per year.

New Mexico District Court Self-Help Guide

Printable guide that provides general information about how to represent yourself in court. Individual chapers on domestic violence, divorce, kinship guardianship, name change, probate, and appeal.