What is the UETF?
NM Young Actors Inc., supported by UETF
New Mexico Young Actors Inc. (NMYA) provides theater arts training to young people and produces plays and musicals for the community and surrounding area schools.
With performances at the Kimo Theatre UETF helps fund transportation to the performances so APS students can attend.
This program is designed to fund Art organizations through out the City of Albuquerque.
Who Governs UETF?
The UETF ordinance provides for an eleven-member citizens' committee called the UETF Committee that is responsible for establishing guidelines. The UETF Committee develops criteria for project selection for each two-year granting cycle and provides oversight for each funded project throughout the two years.
How to Submit a Proposal
Proposals for arts and cultural services projects must be submitted by non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c) (3) organizations. The organization must be dedicated to enhancing Albuquerque's cultural vitality in the area of visual art, music, theater, dance, history or literature.
Projects funded in the past include:
- arts/cultural educational workshops at community centers, schools, senior centers, and other public venues
- free performances, exhibits or cultural festivals
- audio, video or electronic productions
- oral histories, cultural research or plans
- historical or literary publications or programs
General timeline for the upcoming fiscal year (FY) 2018-19 UETF funding cycle.
- April, 2016: Informational meeting for the UETF FY 2018-19 funding cycle. Wednesday, April 27th from Noon- 1:00 p.m. and Thursday, April 28th from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Both meeting will be held at South Broadway Cultural Center.
- June, 2016: UETF application deadline. June 30, 2016 by 4:00 p.m.
- September 2016: UETF Committee Review. Meeting dates TBA
- November, 2016: UETF Committee FY 2018-19 recommendations sent to City Council
- April, 2017: Organizations notified
- July, 2017: UETF FY 2018-19 funds become available upon an executed contract between the city and the awarded organization.
For more information about Albuquerque's Urban Enhancement Trust Fund, contact the UETF Project Coordinator at (505) 768-3804.