Eastside Animal Shelter
Eastside Shelter Information
Address: 8920 Lomas NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112
Telephone: (505) 768-1975
Office Hours: Tuesday through Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Kennel Viewing Hours Only: Tuesday through Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Albuquerque Shelters Map
About Animal Reclaiming
Seven days a week, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Residents must have pets compliant with all City requirements and bring proof of ownership to reclaim.
- A valid Photo ID is required with proof of address if other than what is on the ID.
- Fees typically apply and must be paid at the time of reclaim.
- Credit cards will not be accepted after regular shelter business hours.
- All animals must be sterilized before release; if your pet is not already sterilized, it will stay at the shelter and have surgery on the next available date.
- Some situations require special approval and must occur during regular shelter business hours.
Only animals that already have a valid intact permit or animals from counties other than Bernalillo, Valencia, Torrance, Santa Fe, Sandoval, or Cibola, will be released unsterilized.
Residents must live in Albuquerque or Bernalillo County to bring animals.
Returning a Pet
If you change your mind shortly after adopting an animal, returning a pet that was adopted from the Animal Welfare Department must be done by the adopting party.