Eastside Animal Shelter
Albuquerque Shelters Map
Physical Address: 8920 Lomas NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112
Telephone: (505) 768-1975
Office Hours: Tuesday through Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Kennel Viewing Hours Only: Tuesday through Sunday 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7 days a week, 7:00 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Citizens must have pets compliant with all City requirements and bring proof of ownership to reclaim.
- A valid Photo ID is required with proof of address if other than what is on the ID.
- Fees typically apply and must be paid at the time of reclaim.
- Credit cards will not be accepted after regular shelter business hours.
- All animals must be sterilized before release*, if your pet is not already sterilized it will stay at the shelter and have surgery on the next available date.
- Some situations require special approval and must occur during regular shelter business hours.
* Only animals that already have a valid intact permit or animals from counties other than Bernalillo, Valencia, Torrance, Santa Fe, Sandoval, or Cibola, will be released unsterilized.
Animal Receiving: 7 days a week, 7:00 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Citizens must be residents of Albuquerque or Bernalillo County to bring animals.
If you change your mind shortly after adopting an animal, returning a pet that was adopted from the Animal Welfare Department must be done by the adopting party.