Some residential streets around Downtown, the State Fairgrounds, and the University of New Mexico have restricted parking for residents and their visitors.
Parking permits are issued to residents whose address is on a street with permit parking restrictions. Applications for on street parking permit(s) must be made in person at the Parking Division Office, Plaza Del Sol, 600 2nd Street NW, 5th Floor, Room#510. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm and closed 12 noon to 1 pm for lunch. Office telephone number is 924-3950. Map
Parking Permits are only issued once per calendar year.
If the applicant is the Property Owner the following is required:
- Valid Government issued ID Card
- Current Motor Vehicle Registration for all vehicles requiring a permit
- Proof of Ownership - a Utility Bill or Local Property Tax Bill
If the applicant is a Renter or Tenant the following is required:
- Valid Government issued ID Card or Student ID Card
- Current Motor Vehicle Registration for all vehicles requiring a permit. If not the vehicle owner, please provide a hand written letter from the vehicle owner that is signed along with a copy of the owner's ID.
- Valid Lease or notarized letter from property owner verifying a tenant agreement
- Proof of residency - a Utility Bill in your name - example: Cable, Cell phone, Electric, Gas, Internet, or a Paycheck Stub. Government correspondence or a Bank statement is also acceptable
Visitor permits are only valid within a two residential block radius of the property address. The visitor permit will not be replaced if it is lost or stolen. Both of these policies are strictly enforced.
All Parking Permits must be placed on the driver's side dash or adhered to the windshield to be visible for the City of Albuquerque's Parking Enforcement Division.
Parking Permits are Non-Transferable - In the event the vehicle is sold, traded or salvaged the permit attached to the vehicle will need to be returned to the Parking Division to receive a replacement.
Rental Properties - The owners of rental properties are encouraged to establish as part of their tenant's clearance procedures a process to retrieve parking permits from the vacating tenants of the rental property. Failure to retrieve permits may delay the issuance of new permits.
Outstanding or unpaid parking citations must be addressed before we can issue any permit(s).
On-Street Parking Permits must be returned in person to the following address:
Applicants submitting permit requests online must show the following documents:
- Valid Government issued ID Card or Student Id Card
- Student ID Card
- Proof of residency (Utility Bill, Local Property Tax Bill, Paycheck Stub)
- If not the property owner, current lease or notarized letter from property owner verifying a tenant agreement
- Current Motor Vehicle Registration(s) for all vehicles requiring a permit