On-Street Parking Permit Parking

On-Street Parking Permit Parking

Some residential streets around Downtown, the State Fairgrounds, and the University of New Mexico have restricted parking for residents and their visitors.

Parking permits are issued to residents whose address is on a street with permit parking restrictions. Applications for on street parking permit(s) must be made online by visiting or in person at the Parking Division Office, Plaza Del Sol, 600 2nd Street NW, 5th Floor, Room #510.

Permit issuing is conducted Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. 

Due to safety concerns with COVID-19, office visits are by appointment only. You can schedule an appointment by calling our office at (505) 924-3950 or by email at [email protected].

Parking Permits are only issued once per calendar year.

For Property Owners the following is required each year:

  • Valid and current Government issued ID card
  • Current Motor Vehicle Registration
  • Proof of Ownership or Property Tax Bill
  • current utility bill that displays the owners name AND address

For Renter/Tenant the following is required:

  • Valid and current Government issued ID Card or Student ID Card
  • Current Motor Vehicle Registration for all vehicles requiring a permit. If not the vehicle owner, please provide a hand written letter from the vehicle owner that is signed along with a copy of the owner's ID.
  • Valid Lease or notarized letter from property owner verifying a tenant agreement
  • Proof of residency - a current Utility Bill in your name - example: Cable, Cell phone, Electric, Gas, Internet, or a Paycheck Stub.  Government correspondence or a Bank statement is also acceptable

Permits are only valid for a two residential block radius of the property address. The Visitor permit will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Both of these policies are strictly enforced.

All permits must be adhered to the windshield of the driver’s side to be visible for the City of Albuquerque’s Parking Enforcement Division. Failure to do so, could result in fines. Those that have registered their vehicles through our online website do not have to display their permit in their vehicle. Parking Enforcement has the ability to track active permits through the license plate.

Parking Permits are Non-Transferable.

Outstanding parking citations must be addressed before any permits can be issued. To pay any outstanding citations click here.

Residential parking permits with outstanding citations, or applications missing information/required documentation will be declined.

Rental Properties - The owners of rental properties are encouraged to establish as part of their tenant's clearance procedures a process to retrieve parking permits from the vacating tenants of the rental property. Failure to retrieve permits may delay the issuance of new permits.

Outstanding or unpaid parking citations must be addressed before we can issue any permit(s).

For those who would like to visit our office to obtain their permit(s). Please fill out the form in advance by clicking the link below.

On-Street Parking Permit Application

For those who would like to take advantage of the online convenience of getting their permit(s). Please click the link below to open the portal to our permit website.

Those who are in need of getting permits for the use of when you have a contractor, moving van or caregiver will need to register through our online website. This service is not available to request in our office and can only be done through our online website.

Required Documents

Applicants submitting permit requests online must show the following documents:

  • Valid Government issued ID Card or Student Id Card
  • Student ID Card
  • Proof of residency (Utility Bill, Local Property Tax Bill, Paycheck Stub)
  • If not the property owner, current lease or notarized letter from property owner verifying a tenant agreement
  • Current Motor Vehicle Registration(s) for all vehicles requiring a permit

Need help looking up what zone you are in? Click Here

Price guideline for on street parking permits:

Residential Permits: $25 per year

Visitor Permit: $25 per year.

Landlord Permit: $30 per year.

Caregiver Permit: $1.00 per day or $3.00 per month or $5.00 per six months.

Contractor Permit: $5.00 per day or $30.00 per week or $100.00 per month.

Moving Van Permit: $5.00 per day or $30.00 per week or $100.00 per month.